Mundukide, an APP for agricultural development in southern countries
Mundukide is leading an agricultural development programme in Mozambique with the aim of identifying crops and land so that the farmers can produce all year round and not only during the rainy season. A further objective is for them to produce more in order to eat more and eat better and have surplus stock to earn a small income providing access other basic goods.
An application is being developed for Mundukide that incorporates all the needs they require to carry out their work.
- Reduce the error ratio when measuring land.
- Facilitate data collection and improve data reliability.
- Facilitate the handling of the tools to improve usage.
- Develop a scalable solution in order to implement it in more devices. Solution:
- Collect user position in short periods of time in order to obtain a line defining a plot of agricultural land.
- Automate the obtaining of land images every few seconds and display them in real time.
- Manage the battery consumption, given the users are away for long periods of time and the functionalities have a high consumption of resources.
- Save the data locally when necessary due to loss of coverage.
- Use dynamic forms for collecting the data incorporating audio, photos and geo-positioning.
- A multi-language application.
Thanks to the mobile application, Mundukide will be able to improve its information collection process to develop its projects in Mozambique.